About Me

My photo
My blog has moved to www.muminthesouth.co.uk

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

I'm proud of my NHS service

So giving birth in private hospitals is now “beyond reach of the middle class”

Good, they will have to slum it on the NHS like the rest of us. And maybe then the NHS will stop getting such bad press, because I’m sick of it. They carried me safely and sympathetically through the births of my three babies.

They were even nice to my husband, in fact I had to stop one midwife putting a blanket over him after he fell asleep (if the excitement, terror and noise of me giving birth hadn’t managed to keep him awake, I was sure the cold would not be too much of a problem either).

I know people have had horrific experiences on the NHS, but they are not all bad.
We’ve made many trips to our local hospital in the last five years for various sweeps, suspected broken waters, final scans, false alarms and finally inductions before the big event. The only thing we ever found real fault with was the cost of parking.

And our big events were big. All three tipped 9lb, with cords-round-necks and suspected shoulder dystocia to boot. One pregnancy involved placenta previa and various week-long stays in hospital. (See above comments re cost of parking, the husband did not visit much.)

Read the full article "I'm proud of my NHS service"

No comments:

Post a Comment