About Me

My photo
My blog has moved to www.muminthesouth.co.uk

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

You are not at nanny's house now!

So apparently, children’s rudeness and lack of manners is all down to lazy parenting, say grandmothers.
I laughed so much at this I practically wet myself. I find my children are at their rudest and laziest after a visit to their grandparents.

I swear I send them off as pretty decent small human beings, capable of holding their own forks and asking to go to the toilet, and yet they return as regressed, demonic versions of their former-selves.
I have to spend the next week resetting them with the help of naughty-steps, reward charts and no chocolate. Oh yes, and lots of shouting “Well you are not at nanny’s house now!”

For our children, nanny’s house is a parallel universe where the words “no” and “not right now” do not exist. It’s a world where even standing up unaided warrants a round of applause and demands of an encore.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not complaining. I’ve learned that not everyone is going to look after my children the way I do. But that is OK. I am just grateful for the break.

Read the full article "You are not at nanny's house now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment